Welcome to LA!
Whether you are studying, doing research or working here, there should always be spare time to relax, re-energize and have some fun! Entertainment and taking a break are key ingredients for successful results at work or school. Los Angeles is the biggest city in California and it has every kind of landscape you can imagine!
Next to the ocean:
Don’t let the season fool you! You can enjoy a nice day at the beach year round here, just bring a light jacket. There are so many beaches to visit around the area, these are some of our favorites:
- Surfrider Beach – Live like the Bay Watch characters in LA’s most beautiful beach (in our opinion). Surfrider is located in Malibu and is ready to take your breath away.For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AViT1N
- Venice Beach – Known for being filled of art and creativity. Venice beach is beautiful and the daily outdoor activities it holds are super fun! For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AyNkdo
- Santa Monica Beach – A combination of relax and fun. After spending a nice day at the beach or swimming in the ocean, make sure to visit the Pier for some extra fun. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BH60oL
Take the fun to the next level! Roller coaster, TV stars and Hogwarts are waiting for you.
- Universal Studios – Oh yes, Universal Studios. Thanks to them we had a great childhood (and adulthood) with their movies, shows, games and fun characters. Now you have the chance to be part of that world, and their new attraction:l Hogwarts! For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2iydH90
- Six Flags – Roller coasters don’t get more thrilling than this! This parks has the loops, falls, and highest coasters of them all! If you are into extreme fun, this is your place. For more information visit: https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain
- Visit a live studio – Are you a fan or James Corden, Jimmy Kimmel, The Voice, sitcoms and red carpets? You can now attend any of this shows! Get lucky and win free access to the live tapings of your favorite shows! For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AZX6pL
One of the reasons of why LA is so famous, it’s because of the infinite options for tourism, relax, entertainment and sightseeing. It is really hard to pick a top three of the local attractions, but here we go.
- Hollywood Bowl – This famous and huge theatre opened its doors in the 1920’s, and since then has made the list of top places to visit in Los Angeles. It has daily outdoor shows – from where the view is spectacular – and is a must to immerse in the LA lifestyle. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BGCfnW
- Griffith Observatory – Recently popular for its appearance in La La Land, but the observatory has been a long time favorite of the locals and tourists. You can learn more about the cosmic system and enjoy a breathtaking view of the city of stars. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BHDraF
- Hollywood Boulevard – Being honest, it’s not the prettiest place to be. However, the feeling of walking along the boulevard, surrounded by theatres, museums and landmarks, makes you feel like a movie. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BNionU
If you enjoy walking, sightseeing and taking amazing pictures, you better visit these locations. It will feel like a one day vacation, and it only takes minutes to get there!
- Santa Barbara – A Spanish style city in California. This gorgeous city has beautiful buildings, beaches, pier, palm trees and great wineries not far away. Take a weekend off for relaxation at this ideal location. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AAtRJC
- Laguna Beach – Beautiful in every angle Definitely a must-see beach in Orange County, south from LA. It has a special something in the air, you will love it. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AiiTrZ
- Hollywood Sign – You will feel on the top of the world here. If you are an adventurer, we recommend doing the hike to the sign. Our recommendation: drive to the top of Mount Lee Dr, and from there take the hike to the sign. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AYFU3M
These shopping malls have it all! Affordable, high-end, food, and fun. You will find anything you need here while enjoying a nice walk.
- The Grove – This iconic outdoor mall is centrally located in Los Angeles, close to other major attractions in the city. The locals love it because of the variety of shops and dining it has, which makes it fun and different every visit. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BRUN5o
- Rodeo Drive – Shop like the celebrities do in Beverly Hills. The shops at Rodeo dr are certainly high-end, but it’s worth to visit for a nice walk and some window shopping (or real shopping). For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2k9Gwcf
- Citadel Outlets – Imagine 700,000 sq ft of shops and food… welcome to Citadel. This enormous outlet mall has the best brands at discounted prices. You will not leave without an awesome deal! For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2jq3ufO
For those weekends when you feel like going away, there’s no need to go that far! LA is close to plenty of other beautiful places in California. Just pack a small bag, get your friends and let the fun begin!
- San Diego – It’s so close to Los Angeles, yet so amazing, so it deserves a whole weekend. Visit California’s birthplace at Old Town or the famous beaches near La Jolla. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2Br4qXY
- Wrightwood – If you are up to some winter fun, visit Wrightwood for Ski and Snowboard activities. Also, a beautiful place to see during the sunny days. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2jpoT92
- Sequoia National Park – Sequoias are majestic trees, the largest in the world actually. You will be amazed with the green landscapes and feel tiny next to the Sequoia. A trip out of this world! For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BJLu6M